Janati Yoga Teacher Training Programs
The teacher trainings offered at Janati are based on founder Mona's understanding and approach to Yoga, cultivated over years of practice, training and teaching. Over the years has travelled from India to Texas, Arizona and Alberta - in order to further her training and refine her skills as a Yoga Teacher. Her intention is to give local Yoga Teachers opportunities to expand their knowledge and refine their skills without having to travel as much or as far.
At Janati, we believe that Yoga is for everyone. However, not all Yoga styles and practices are for everyone. What can heal one person, can harm another. Instead of trying to get all participants to do the Yoga that works for us, we endeavour to find the Yoga that fits each individual participant - even within the context of group classes.
Janati Yoga School teaches an open, accepting, discerning approach to the practice of Yoga. There isn't "one way" - there are as many ways as there are people wanting to practice Yoga. Our work as teachers is to help each of the participants find their appropriate approach and practice. The Yoga that supports their personal growth, wellness and evolution. Therefore we dive in deep, seeking to understand the principles and intentions behind the practices in order to facilitate safe, balanced and adaptable classes.
2017 YTT Information Sessions
The Information Sessions are an opportunity to visit the space, meet the trainers and talk in person. We will review the program content (both the 200-Hr and the 300-Hr) and the course materials (books and manuals). You will get to ask as many questions as you have 🙂
- Tuesday January 10th, 2017 @ 7pm
- Thursday February 23rd, 2017 @ 7pm
- Wednesday March 22nd, 2017 @ 5:30pm
- Tuesday April 11th, 2017 @ 3:30pm
- Thursday May 18th, 2017 @ 7pm
- Thursday June 22nd, 2017 @ 7pm
- Wednesday July 19th, 2017 @ 5:30pm
Please RSVP either by clicking the registration button below to register online, or email us at email@example.com if you plan to attend an information session. Information sessions require pre-registration.
**For those of you who are unable to attend an information session, here is a recording of the information session from April 11th, 2017.
Program weekends run from 9am to 5:30pm, with 1 hour for lunch. The summer program runs from 8:30am to 5pm, with 1 hour for lunch.
All YTTs are offered at Janati Yoga School - 16 Bath Road (2nd floor) in Kingston, ON.
Please help to create a peaceful space by arriving at least 15 minutes early to set yourself up. Doors will open at 8:30am. Here's what you will need to bring:
- notebook and writing utensils
- required reading(s), preferably read - they will be used in class
- lunch (we break for 1 hour) & snacks - we have a microwave
- preferred/recommended props (your mat, blankets, pillows, etc)
- water bottle (we have a water cooler) & tea cup/mug with lids (there is a kettle and teas to share)
- an open mind, excitement and curiosity!