Janati Yoga Teacher Training Programs
At Janati, we believe that Yoga is for everyone. However, not all Yoga styles and practices are for everyone. What can heal one person, can harm another. Instead of trying to get all participants to do the Yoga that works for us, we endeavour to find the Yoga that fits each individual participant – even within the context of group classes.
Janati Yoga School teaches an open, accepting, discerning approach to the practice of Yoga. There isn’t “one way” – there are as many ways as there are people wanting to practice Yoga. Our work as teachers is to help each of the participants find their appropriate approach and practice. The Yoga that supports their personal growth, wellness and evolution. Therefore we dive in deep, seeking to understand the principles and intentions behind the practices in order to facilitate safe, balanced and accessible classes.
2020 YTT Information Sessions
The Information Sessions are an opportunity to visit the space, meet the trainers and talk in person. We will review the program content (both the 200-Hr and the 300-Hr) and the course materials (books and manuals). You will get to ask as many questions as you have 🙂
The 2020 information session dates are (more to come!):
- Wednesday June 10th @ 7pm
- Monday July 13th @ 7pm
- Wednesday August 19th @ 7pm
- Tuesday September 8th @ 12noon
- Thursday October 15th @ 11am
- Tuesday November 10th @ 12noon
- Friday December 4th @ 5:30pm
Please RSVP either by clicking the registration button below to register online, or email us at email@example.com if you plan to attend an information session. Information sessions require pre-registration.
Listen to a YTT Info Session for some Q&As!
Due to the pandemic, we are now offering our programs online. Please email us for more details @ firstname.lastname@example.org .
Program weekends run from 9am to 5:30pm, with 1 hour for lunch. The weekends are FULL DAYS Friday, Saturday and Sunday – all required for completion.
All YTTs are offered at Janati Yoga School – 16 Bath Road (2nd floor) in Kingston, ON.
Please help to create a peaceful space by arriving at least 15 minutes early to set yourself up. Doors will open at 8:30am. Here’s what you will need to bring:
- notebook and writing utensils
- required reading(s), preferably read – they will be used in class
- lunch (we break for 1 hour) & snacks – we have a microwave
- preferred/recommended props (your mat, blankets, pillows, etc)
- water bottle (we have a water cooler) & tea cup/mug with lids (there is a kettle and teas to share)
- an open mind, excitement and curiosity!