Have you ever started the year with resolutions that sounded like this?
‘I’m going to stop doing (fill in the blank)_______,’ or this year ‘I’m really going to start (fill in the blank)_______.’
Our thoughts are the powerful transmitters that communicate what we wish for from the Universe. So being mindful of our words is paramount if we want to live a conscious life. Part of living a conscious life is about being clear on what it is you want your life to look like, versus how it looks right now. Rather than focusing your attention on what you don’t like, it’s far more powerful to focus on what you DO want. Instead of committing to resolutions this year, I’d invite you to commit to the results that you wish to see, feel and experience.
In a world where the Universe is responding to your every desire it is critical to be clear about what you desire – and to commit to those results alone, if you want to see that result. Otherwise, you’ll continue to get what you are currently experiencing as long as those thoughts remain dominant in your mind. We have a tendency to dwell on what’s NOT working in our lives and feel compelled to fix it, and yet all we really need to do is get clear about what it is we really want, and start focusing out attention on that instead.
So why is it so hard for us to find that clarity and to commit to those results alone? The answer lies in our inability to believe that life really is that simple. That the Universe really does want each and every one of us to shine, to thrive and to live life fully, as only we can do. But what if it really is that simple? What if the Universe is living through YOU and the only way that it gets to experience joy, love, happiness or freedom is through your experience of it?
Is that so hard to believe? No, it’s not, because there is nothing to prove otherwise. So what do you have to lose in trying?
This year, instead of making a list of resolutions, I’m inviting you to make a list of the results that you desire to see, feel and experience in your life.
- Start by listing 10 things in your life that you would like to change.
- Then, take each of those things on your list and turn them around into the desired outcome that you would like to experience.
- For each thing on your list, begin by noticing if there is any overlap. Often what we really want is to experience more freedom but that might show up as wanting to earn more money or to have more time to do the things we love. Narrow your list down to all the common elements of what you desire to see, feel or experience until your list is reduced to as few things as possible.
- Now, for each desired result on your list, spend five minutes fully experiencing what having that result in your life will look and feel like. For example, if you have freedom on your list how will you know when you have more freedom than you do right now? What will that look like? How will that make you feel? What elements of your life will change? Will you travel more, work less, spend freely, or shop differently?
- Once you have a clear ‘felt sense’ of each desired result on your list, write down in detail how it will feel and what will be different in your life when you have it, so you’ll know when it has arrived. Spend five minutes each day on just 1 of the results on your list and visualize with as much feeling as possible, seeing yourself living with that result. Each day repeat the visualization process with the next result on your list and continue to repeat everyday until each one manifests.
It really doesn’t take long to manifest the results you desire, but it does take clarity and commitment to your desired outcome and focusing on the end result – NOT what is showing up in your life right now. Because everything that is in your life right now is designed to support the results that you are getting right now. In order to get a different result, you have to stretch yourself to start living as if you already have what you desire.
For most us though, that’s scary and we’d rather stay with what’s known, than to stretch outside of our comfort zone into the unknown where there is no proof of our desire. And yet, there is proof. In fact there is proof all around us, all of the time. Think of that last time that you really wanted something and you had no idea how you were going to make it happen, but because you knew so clearly that you wanted this thing badly enough that you would do anything to get it, some how you manifested the circumstances to draw it to you.
Maybe it was a yoga training that you wanted to do, or the money to pay for it, the chance to travel somewhere, to have a baby, or to go to grad school. Maybe it was finding a teacher to support you in your personal growth. Life is constantly responding to our desires. It’s our limiting beliefs that say we can’t, we shouldn’t, we don’t deserve to or are we’re not worthy enough, that block us from having all that we desire. Isn’t the greatest act of self-care, permission to have all that you desire? When you have everything that you desire you are able to give freely to others, but when you feel limited or overburdened, you have nothing to give. This year, why not commit to the results you desire in your life? Why not commit to the freedom that you desire and deserve – so you, and everyone in your world, can benefit.
Siobhan McAuley is a transformational clarity coach and mindset mentor. Siobhan’s best-selling 90 Day Personal Mentorship Program teaches women with service based businesses how to value themselves and their work so they can charge what they’re worth – and get it. Siobhan is committed to helping women to create financial freedom because a woman, who is financially free, is a woman that has choices. When a woman has choices, she makes better decisions – for herself and everyone around her.
Want to learn how to charge for your skills and experience, instead of your time? Get your free audio series here.
Not sure how to charge more and get it? Listen to this Free replay.
Ready for the personalized support and expert guidance you need to up-level your business, and your life? Sign up for your free call now to find out how mentorship can have you earning more and working less, by charging what you’re worth.
Like what you are reading? Siobhan will be joining us at Janati Yoga School in March to share more of her knowledge. Check the “Workshops” section of our website for more details in the coming weeks.