Y12SR Training: Yoga of 12 Step Recovery
Friday, October 27, 2017 – Sunday, October 29, 2017
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
At Janati Yoga School
with Kyczy Hawk – Y12SR Leadership Trainer, ERYT500
Friday October 27th, 2017 – 10am to 6pm
Saturday October 28th, 2017 – 10am to 6pm and
Sunday October 29th, 2017 – 10am to 6pm
The Y12SR Certification Training equips participants to hold Y12SR classes in their communities.
The first section of the training focuses on the understanding and application of yoga and the 12 steps.
Here we will:
- Explore the sources of addictive behavior
- Investigate yogic and 12-step principles as a foundation of recovery
- Recognize the symptomology of unresolved trauma and nervous system dys-regulation
- Discover sustainable ways for self-regulation that enhance physical, mental and spiritual well-being
The second section of the program gives participants the tools to offer weekly Y12SR classes in their communities. In this section participants learn to:
- Create safe, sacred, open, and inclusive space that welcomes all dealing with their own addictive behaviors or are affected by the addictive behavior of others
- Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways to manage internal stress
- Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who may be struggling emotionally
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violations and spiritual bypass
- Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction recovery treatment field
Early Bird: $790 CDN (includes HST) – before September 15th, 2017
Regular Price: $900 CDN (includes HST)
Registration closes October 1st, 2017
This training is good for:
- Anyone affected by addiction who wants to learn more about how Yoga can support addiction recovery
- Yoga Teachers who want to work with students in recovery
The Y12SR program was created by R. “Nikki” Myers – An accomplished teacher and practitioner, Nikki Myers is a Yoga Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Certified Addictions Recovery Specialist and MBA. Born from her personal struggle with addiction, Nikki is the founder of Y12SR: Yoga of 12-Step Recovery.
Based in its theme “the issues live in the tissues”, Y12SR is a relapse prevention program that weaves the art and science of yoga with the practical tools of 12-step programs. Y12SR meetings are now available all over the US and the curriculum is rapidly becoming a feature of addiction recovery treatment centres.
Find more details about the program on their website www.y12sr.com
The trainer, Kyczy Hawk (pronounced Keet-ski) teaches in treatment centers and yoga studios in San Jose, CA, and volunteers in the local justice system. She has also served on the staff of the Niroga Institute, teaching Yoga and Addiction Recovery. She specializes in somatic yoga techniques. Kyczy has taught Y12SR for over five years, and she has published several books and written for numerous magazines.
To read more about her work, visit her website
Please register via Mind Body Online.