Introduction to Yoga Therapy: Helping people Reduce or get out of Pain
Saturday, July 25, 2015 – Sunday, July 26, 2015
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
At Janati Yoga School
With Susi Hately.
Yoga Therapy, as a technique, combines the art of traditional yoga postures, breathing techniques and meditation with the modern scientific understanding of kinesiology, anatomy and physiology.
It is a balanced and mindful approach to health and healing which enables you to develop body and mind awareness and a sense of ease.
This workshop provides an introduction to the concepts and benefits of Yoga Therapy that are easy to apply to yourself or with your students. Bringing a grounded, anatomical and physiological approach to understanding pain, injury and healing – you will learn not only the “what” of how you can help yourself or your students, you will also learn the “why”.
This workshop is ideal if:
- You want to assist yourself or others relax and develop self-awareness.
- You want to help others or yourself become more mobile, flexible, stable and strong.
- You are a yoga teacher who feels emptiness when you give the standard reply of “listen to your body” to people with pain or injury (or another condition beyond your scope).
- You are a yoga teacher and your desire to help others is propelling you to want to learn more.
- Early Bird Pricing $350 (includes HST) before May 1st, 2015
- Regular price $400 (includes HST) after May 1st, 2015
**Enroll early as space is limited to 30 participants.
Please proceed to our Mind Body Online profile in order to register.
Susi Hately is known for her transformative, yet deceptively simple approach to helping people reduce and get out of pain and, through her company Functional Synergy Inc., training teachers to do the same. With her BSc. Kinesiology and over 18 years helping people reduce and get out of pain, she is clearly transfixed by how powerfully healing and restorative movement, breath and stillness can be. She cares deeply about the success of her clients, and enabling them to return to the work and activities they love with vigour, vitality and without having to compensate. Please go to www.functionalsynergy.com for more information.