Foundations of Ayurveda (200-hr)
Saturday, February 29, 2020 – Tuesday, March 3, 2020
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
At Janati Yoga School
with Mona Warner
Saturday, February 29, 2020 – Tuesday, March 3, 2020 9:00am – 5:30pm
Investment: $2500 – includes manual and self-care kit
A $500 deposit is due with application.
- Foundations, History, and Philosophies of Ayurveda: including Sanskrit, Ayurveda in a classic and modern context, and the six philosophies that interconnect with Ayurveda.
- Ayurveda’s Three Pillars of Health: nutrition, restorative sleep, and energy management.
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle: biological rhythms, daily routines, and seasonal routines.
- Ayurvedic Anatomy & Physiology: Viewing the body through the lenses of the 5 elements, 3 doshas, 20 qualities, 3 vital essences, 7 tissues, and the channel system of the body-mind.
- Digestion and Nutrition: digestion from western and Ayurvedic perspectives, and Ayurvedic nutrition principles.
- Vedic view of the mind: the role it plays in health and well-being, and tools to work with the mind.
- Kitchen Medicine: Working with food and kitchen herbs, and understanding them from the Ayurvedic perspective.
- Ayurvedic Cleansing: what this is, what it isn’t, when and why we do it, when and why we don’t – this includes enrolment in a Spring and Fall Ayurvedic Digestive Reset.
- Ayurvedic Yoga: the connections and differences between Yoga and Ayurveda, and how Yoga fits into the Ayurvedic picture.
- Group Research Project and Presentations: Each group will be assigned a topic, and will work together to prepare a 30-40 minute presentation.
- Final Exam: for those who want a certificate of completion, or to apply this training to other programs (like our 300-Hr Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher program, or to
- Monthly webinars: Each month, from March to November (9 months), there will be two 2-hour webinars.
Please proceed to our Mind Body Online profile to register