Chair Yoga for Seniors ONLINE
Thursday, September 24, 2020
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
At Janati Yoga School
Learn the benefits and methods of adapting yoga into a chair-based practice for seniors, including those with specific conditions. Hosted by Kathryn Flynn and Mona Warner, with guest teaching from Erin Bidlake, this program combines pre-recorded lectures and instructional videos with live evening sessions for flexibility and integration.
This course is for everyone, but it counts as one credit in the Intelligent Edge Yoga program and the Janati Yoga 300-hour programs.
This 6 week training includes…
- Who are seniors? Looking at the aging population and general overviews of statistics, health, and wellness challenges relevant to seniors
- Evidence-based approach to the benefits of yoga for these groups, including brain health and improved mobility
- The Ayurvedic lens on ageing and supportive practices
- Exploring challenges of aging – mechanical and functional, including outlines of the condition, risk factors, and how yoga practice can intervene
- Guidelines related to pain and restrictions, chronic pain, and chair yoga for chronic pain
- What to expect in a chair yoga class, how to set up, and how to approach teaching
- Bonus! “Advanced” Chair Yoga class with Mona Warner to integrate and celebrate course conclusion
Investment: $275 + HST
Course Dates: Thursday September 24 – Wednesday November 4 (recordings post week before evening session)
Evening Sessions: Wednesday September 30 – Wednesday November 4, 6:30 – 8 PM
Available for Yoga Alliance CEP credits.