Mona Warner is the founder and owner of Janati Yoga School in Kingston, ON. She is a Yoga Teacher, Yoga Teacher Trainer, an Ayurvedic Practitioner, and Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist. Passionate about providing people with the tools they need to take ownership of their health and wellness, she encourages her students and clients to tap into their own potential and take conscious steps toward their self care and healing.
Blessed with an engaging sense of humour, Mona builds a strong foundation of trust, support and fun into everything she teaches. Students and clients can expect a balance of solid knowledge and gentle playfulness as they learn empowerment towards a greater quality of life.
Mona’s success in teaching yoga and Ayurveda revolves around maintaining her own personal practice. Believing strongly in the philosophy of “filling your well and giving from your overflow”, her own positive healing experience with yoga is what drives her commitment to helping others.
She believes that teaching yoga is a profoundly meaningful spiritual practice that requires an ever-evolving understanding of technique and the deeper meaning within those techniques. Core values of integrity, compassion, simplicity, and kindness are woven into the fabric of her practice and her work, and she encourages a deep commitment to the practice in order to achieve the best results and benefits.
Mona does her best to cue clearly, to demonstrate the poses when she thinks it makes sense, and give the opportunity for hands-on adjustments. Mona will ask before touch, and students are welcome to choose yes or no when she offers.
For those of you who are interested in her training background, here it is:
- Board Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner with NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association)
- Ayurvedic Yoga Therapist recognition with NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association)
- Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist certification with the Kripalu School of Ayurveda
- 500-Hr YTT with a focus in Ayurveda at the Kripalu Yoga Centre
- 500-Hr YTT with the Himalayan Institute in India
- 200-Hr YTT with Yogi Vishvketu of the World Conscious Yoga Family
- Buddhist Shamata Meditation with Larry Reside
- Yoga Nidra with Richard Miller PhD and Jennifer Reis
- Yin Yoga with Paul Grilley
- Therapeutics and Restorative with Susi Hately, Mary Cardinal and Sudha Carolyn Lundeen
- Psychological Flexibility Training w Tim Gordon, the Zen Social Worker
- Emotional health and psychotherapy with Christina Branco <3
- Laughter Yoga Teacher Training with Linda Leclerc and Laughter Yoga Leader training with Sue and Duncan Cook
- Master Class Series, Business of Yoga course and mentoring with Siobhan McAuley
- Vinyasa with Sadie Nardini, Sheila Craig and Susie Diaz
- Kundalini Yoga with Yogi Vishvketu
- Children’s Yoga with Shakta Kaur Khalsa
- Reiki with Maria Trumbach (Level 1), Caroline Elson (Level 2), Tana Saler (Level 3/ART and Usui Masters) and Cheryl Hiebert (Karuna Masters)
Mona is currently teaching: