I believe that each person has innate beauty and wisdom; at our core, each of us possess the strength, resilience, and creativity to meet and greet every situation that arises in our life. My desire as a yoga teacher is to provide a safe, fun, and nurturing environment, where people can explore ways to enhance their life. This can be in a physical yoga practice (asana) meditation, chanting, or studying the philosophy of yoga.
A current focus in my teaching is to choose a difficult project- like hand balances- to work on diligently and patiently over a long period of time, and witness the results without attachment.
Strong effort must be balanced with gentleness. There must be time for restoration and renewal. I also teach Restorative Flow: to gradually renew strength and resilience, and Yin Yoga: a quiet meditative practice.
I am a yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance (ERYT200, RYT500)
- 300-hr YTT with Mona Warner (2014)
- 200-hr YTT with Mona Warner (2010)
- Introduction to Yoga Therapy with Susi Hately
- Harnessing the Transformative Power of Inversions with Natasha Rizopoulos
- Tending the Sacred Fire with Shiva Rea
- Anatomy, Kinesiology and Functional Movement with Susi Hately
- BSc Biochemistry & Molecular Biology 1996
You can find more about Kathy on her own website purplekatyoga.com
- 10:00 AM: Restorative Flow