I am thrilled that Janati Yoga is offering a Free Community Class at the Memorial Centre Farmers Market every Sunday from 10am to 11am.
It is a truly amazing experience to practice outside – breathing fresh air with the sun shining down on you while you stretch and flow through the practice. After class you can walk across the parking lot and get your fresh local organic groceries for the week. We are three weeks in and it is wonderful!
Everyone is welcome – whether you are new to yoga or you’ve been practicing for many years. Bring a mat or a towel to put on the ground, and a filled water bottle to stay hydrated. Remember to apply sunscreen and bring your sunglasses and a hat.
We started on Mothers Day weekend and will continue until Thanksgiving weekend. Here is the line up of wonderful teachers that will lead the classes this summer:
1. May 31st: Amber
2. June 7th: Jennifer
3. June 14th: Amber
4. June 21st: 108 Sun Salutation Fundraiser for the Loving Spoonful
5. June 28th: Mona
6. July 5th: Rana
7. July 12th: Amber
8. July 19th: Mona
9. July 26th: Olivia
10. August 2nd: Jo-Anne
11. August 9th: Amber
12. August 16th: Mona
13. August 23rd: Olivia
14. August 30th: Jo-Anne
15. September 6th: Mona
16. September 13th: Dayna
17. September 20th: Amber
18. September 27th: Royah
19. October 4th: Amber
20. October 11th: Mona
You are welcome to sign up online through our website, or simply show up. We hope you will make the time to join us for one class, or all of them. We look forward to sharing yoga with you this summer!
Mona is an ERYT500 and CYA-E-RYT500 Certified Teacher, as well as YTT faculty and the founder of Janati Yoga School.
Namaste! My name is Mona and I am a teacher. I’ve spent my whole life teaching, and now I teach Yoga & Ayurveda.
If you are interested in Yoga & Ayurveda (it has to be both… they are inseparable for me now), and you want to study with me, I’d love to have you 🙂 In order to enjoy spending time with me, you have to like laughing too. Note – you’ll be expected to work hard and bring all you’ve got to the table, yet we’ll have a lot of fun doing it!
For those of you who want to see what I’ve done and with whom, here it is (in brief):
- Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist certification with the Kripalu School of Ayurveda
- 500-Hr YTT with a focus in Ayurveda at the Kripalu Yoga Centre
- 500-Hr YTT with the Himalayan Institute in India
- 200-Hr YTT with Yogi Vishvketu of the World Conscious Yoga Family
- Buddhist Shamata Meditation with Larry Reside
- Yoga Nidra with Richard Miller PhD and Jennifer Reis
- Yin Yoga with Paul Grilley
- Therapeutics and Restorative with Susi Hately, Mary Cardinal and Sudha Carolyn Lundeen
- Psychological Flexibility Training w Tim Gordon, the Zen Social Worker
- Emotional health and psychotherapy with Christina Branco <3
- Laughter Yoga Teacher Training with Linda Leclerc and Laughter Yoga Leader training with Sue and Duncan Cook
- Master Class Series, Business of Yoga course and mentoring with Siobhan McAuley
- Vinyasa with Sadie Nardini, Sheila Craig and Susie Diaz
- Kundalini Yoga with Yogi Vishvketu
- Children’s Yoga with Shakta Kaur Khalsa
- Reiki with Maria Trumbach (Level 1), Caroline Elson (Level 2), Tana Saler (Level 3/ART and Usui Masters) and Cheryl Hiebert (Karuna Masters)