Foundations of Ayurveda
This 200-hr training is an immersion into Ayurveda as a lived daily practice and lifestyle. It was designed for individuals who are interested in:
- Deepening their understanding and application of Ayurveda in daily life
- Improving health and well-being using a natural health science
- Aligning more deeply with your inner rhythms and the rhythms of nature
- Connecting with others who are interested in natural health and healing
Why am I offering this training?
After many years of practice and formal studies in Ayurveda, I wanted to offer a program close to home (in Canada!) that would get us started in using these wonderful, simple, effective tools in our daily lives. I want to give you the opportunity to deepen your understanding of Ayurveda so you can apply it in your life, and in your family, to promote health, resilience, and well-being. Ayurveda has been life-changing for me (in amazing ways), and I believe it can do that for all of us if we have the chance to dive into these teachings.
Who is this training for?
- Anyone wanting to understand Ayurveda in a way they can apply in their own daily life to promote health, stability, and well-being.
- Yogis (students and teachers) who want to deepen their personal practices
- Parents who want simple daily practices for their own self-care, and to support the care of their children and families
- Humans who are curious about natural rhythms and how to synchronize with them
- Foundations, History, and Philosophies of Ayurveda: including Sanskrit, Ayurveda in a classic and modern context, and the six philosophies that interconnect with Ayurveda.
- Ayurveda’s Three Pillars of Health: nutrition, restorative sleep, and energy management.
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle: biological rhythms, daily routines, and seasonal routines.
- Ayurvedic Anatomy & Physiology: Viewing the body through the lenses of the 5 elements, 3 doshas, 20 qualities, 3 vital essences, 7 tissues, and the channel system of the body-mind.
- Digestion and Nutrition: digestion from western and Ayurvedic perspectives, and Ayurvedic nutrition principles.
- Vedic view of the mind: the role it plays in health and well-being, and tools to work with the mind.
- Kitchen Medicine: Working with food and kitchen herbs, and understanding them from the Ayurvedic perspective.
- Ayurvedic Cleansing: what this is, what it isn’t, when and why we do it, when and why we don’t – this includes enrolment in a Spring and Fall Ayurvedic Digestive Reset.
- Ayurvedic Yoga: the connections and differences between Yoga and Ayurveda, and how Yoga fits into the Ayurvedic picture.
- Research Project and Presentations: Each participant will be assigned a topic, and will prepare a 30-minute presentation.
- Final Exam: for those who want a certificate of completion, or to apply this training to other programs (like our 300-Hr Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher program, or to
- Weekly webinars: Each week we will connect to immerse in Ayurveda with a two 2-hour webinar.
- **For those using this program to complete their 300-Hr Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training, you will have to teach a one-hour dosha or guna balancing yoga class. For those who are not part of our yoga teacher training program, this is NOT a requirement.
$3000 – includes manual, Ayurvedic self-care kit, and 2-hours of one-on-one time with Mona.
A $500 deposit is due with the application.
2022 ONLINE Course Dates
This program consists of weekly webinars (32) and 13 days of online live learning together.
The weekly webinars are Monday evenings from 6:30-8:30pm starting February 28th to November 28th, 2022. These will be lecture, discussion, and Q&A based. We will not have webinars on the following holiday Mondays: Easter, Victoria Day (May), Civic Holiday (August), Labour Day (September), and Thanksgiving Day (October).
Our full days are from 9am to 5pm on the following Sundays:
- March 6th & 27th, 2022
- April 10th & 24th, 2022
- May 15th, 2022
- June 12th, 2022
- July 10th, 2022
- August 14th, 2022
- September 11th & 25th, 2022
- October 23rd, 2022
- November 13th & 27th, 2022
For each of our full days, there will be a one-hour lunch break, and these sessions include an Ayurvedic Yoga practice (45-75 minutes of movement, breathing, chanting, and meditation).
Please note that for this ONLINE training, sessions are held via Zoom and are all recorded. Registered students will have access to the recordings to review lectures and content, as well as catch up on any missed content.
To register, please submit your completed application with a $500 deposit (via etransfer) to email@example.com.
**information updated: May 8th, 2022.