Foundations of Ayurveda
This 200-hr training is an immersion into Ayurveda as a lived daily practice and lifestyle. It was designed for individuals who are interested in:
- Deepening their understanding and application of Ayurveda in daily life
- Improving health and well-being using a natural health science
- Aligning more deeply with your inner rhythms and the rhythms of nature
Why am I offering this training?
After many years of practice and formal studies in Ayurveda I wanted to offer a program close to home (in Canada!) that would get us started in using these wonderful, simple, effective tools in our daily lives. I want to give you the opportunity to deepen your understanding of Ayurveda so you can apply it in your life, and in your family, to promote health, resilience, and well-being. Ayurveda has been life changing for me (in amazing ways), and I believe it can do that for all of us, if we have the chance to dive into these teachings.
Who is this training for?
- Anyone wanting to understand Ayurveda in a way they can apply in their own daily life to promote health, stability, and well-being.
- Yogis (students and teachers) who want to deepen their personal practices
- Parents who want simple daily practices for their own self-care, and to support the care of their children and families
- Foundations, History, and Philosophies of Ayurveda: including Sanskrit, Ayurveda in a classic and modern context, and the six philosophies that interconnect with Ayurveda.
- Ayurveda’s Three Pillars of Health: nutrition, restorative sleep, and energy management.
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle: biological rhythms, daily routines, and seasonal routines.
- Ayurvedic Anatomy & Physiology: Viewing the body through the lenses of the 5 elements, 3 doshas, 20 qualities, 3 vital essences, 7 tissues, and the channel system of the body-mind.
- Digestion and Nutrition: digestion from western and Ayurvedic perspectives, and Ayurvedic nutrition principles.
- Vedic view of the mind: the role it plays in health and well-being, and tools to work with the mind.
- Kitchen Medicine: Working with food and kitchen herbs, and understanding them from the Ayurvedic perspective.
- Ayurvedic Cleansing: what this is, what it isn’t, when and why we do it, when and why we don’t – this includes enrolment in a Spring and Fall Ayurvedic Digestive Reset.
- Ayurvedic Yoga: the connections and differences between Yoga and Ayurveda, and how Yoga fits into the Ayurvedic picture.
- Group Research Project and Presentations: Each group will be assigned a topic, and will work together to prepare a 30-40 minute presentation.
- Final Exam: for those who want a certificate of completion, or to apply this training to other programs (like our 300-Hr Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher program, or to
- Monthly webinars: Each month, from March to November (9 months), there will be two 2-hour webinars.
- **For those using this program to complete their 300-Hr Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training, you will have to teach a one-hour dosha or guna balancing yoga class. For those who are not part of our yoga teacher training program, this is NOT a requirement.
$2500 – includes manual and self-care kit.
A $500 deposit is due with application.
2020 Course Dates
Live weekends are from 9am ET to 5:30pm ET on both Saturday and Sunday.
- February 29th & March 1st, 2020
- March 21st & 22nd, 2020
- May 2nd & 3rd, 2020
- June 6th & 7th, 2020
- July 11th & 12th, 2020
- September 12th & 13th, 2020
- October 17th & 18th, 2020
- November 7th & 8th, 2020
- December 5th & 6th, 2020
There will also be 2 webinars per month from March 2020 to November 2020 (using Zoom – so you’ll need an internet connection).
Webinar schedule (all webinars are on Tuesdays from 6:30pm ET to 8:30pm ET unless otherwise indicated):
- March 10th, 2020
- March 24th, 2020
- April 7th, 2020
- April 21st, 2020
- May 12th, 2020
- May 26th, 2020
- June 9th, 2020
- June 23rd, 2020
- July 14th, 2020
- July 28th, 2020
- August 11th, 2020
- August 25th, 2020
- September 15th, 2020
- September 29th, 2020
- October 6th, 2020
- October 20th, 2020
- November 3rd, 2020
- November 17th, 2020
- December 1st, 2020
Participants will also be enrolled in the Spring (April/May) and Fall (October/November) Online Ayurvedic Digestive Reset Programs during the 2020 year as part of their course work.