Welcome to Ayurveda Basics for Yogis!
My intention in offering this course is to share with other yogis the foundational concepts of Ayurveda.
Why? Well, in my experience Ayurvedic Practices help us to deepen our Yoga practices. While Yoga works to refine the mind, Ayurveda works to stabilize, support, and energize the body – we need this to be successful in Yoga. I’ve also realized that Ayurveda adds a lens which allows us to use the tools and techniques of Yoga even more skillfully – and this part is very cool 🙂
This online course is a required module for Janati Yoga’s 300-Hr Level Yoga Teacher Training. And yet, even if you aren’t a yoga teacher or enrolled in our training you are welcome to take this course. It is great for anyone wanting to learn more about the Foundations of Ayurveda.
There are a few things to know about this particular course:
- The cost of this course is $225 CDN + 13% HST (as mandated by our government). Once you purchase the course, it’s yours as long as the website exists.
- The pre-requisite for this course is the Introduction to Ayurveda Online, which is free. Complete that course first. The first lesson of this course is the quiz for IAO 😉
- With this course being part of our advanced yoga teacher training program, there is a test at the end of each lesson. If you don’t get 80% on the test, you will not be able to access the next lesson. The information builds from one lesson to the next.
- The software we used to put this together and track your progress gets a little ‘vata deranged’ sometimes. What this looks like is lessons out of order. All good – I numbered them so you can easily keep track of what’s next, even if the computer program can’t 😉
- If you have questions, please post them in the comment section of any of the pages. I will respond to comments weekly, and so will answer your questions. Know that only people enrolled in the course will be able to read the comments you post.
Enjoy the journey – it’s an amazing one!
big love & gratitude to you for being here,
Mona L. Warner, ERYT500, AHC
@ Janati Yoga School, RYS500.
Is it your first time logging in? Please register with our website to take courses.