Ayurvedic Digestive Reset
Thursday, March 29, 2018
< Back to Workshops
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
At Janati Yoga School
4 week protocol – guided
w Mona Warner, NAMA Certified Ayurvedic Health Counsellor
When: Thursday evenings starting March 29th, 2018 @ 7pm. Our wrap up meeting will be Thursday May 10th, 2018.
Investment: $175 (includes HST)
According to Ayurveda, our digestion is the key to our health. A strong digestion leads to great health, and poor digestion opens the door to disease.
Over time, things can accumulate in the channels of the body, and this creates a sluggishness in our system, and reduces the strength and potency of our digestion. This is why in the Ayurvedic tradition, in the spring time (or pre-spring) we typically engage in practices to clear our channels and strengthen our digestive fire in order to boost immunity, health and a sense of well-being.
Join Mona for a seven week adventure in learning more about digestion from the Ayurvedic view.
In this course you will learn about:
- Why do a Digestive Reset, seasonal implications (we don’t do it anytime), and the benefits of this practice.
- Digestive Potential (agni) and how to take care of it and why you want to. Learn how to identify that your digestive fire is low.
- Metabolic waste (ama) and what it can do if we don’t remove it (spoiler alert… opens the door to disease). Learn how to identify if this is building up in your system.
- Lymphatic system (rasa) and to take care of this set of channels so sludge does not back up in your system. Learn the signs that this system is slowing down (getting boggy).
- Nervous system (majja) and the role it plays in either effective or ineffective digestion. Yes, we will talk about stress – we all know and have this one and it affects our digestion!
- Digestive Reset protocol: a 4-week (one month) process to support the clearing of your channels (in case there is any ama) and a strengthening of your digestive fire. You will have options for your protocol, as Ayurveda does not believe in a one size fits all 🙂
This course includes:
- Recipes for the digestive reset
- Recordings of practices (postures, breathing techniques, and meditations) to support your digestive reset
- Access to recordings of the meetings so you can listen to the discussions again
- A place to post questions that I will check daily
- Seven “live” meetings to support you throughout the process.
The meeting dates are (all Thursday evenings):
- Thursday March 29th, 2018 – 7pm to 9pm
- Thursday April 5th, 2018 – 7pm to 8pm
- Thursday April 12th, 2018 – 7pm to 8pm
- Thursday April 19th, 2018 – 7pm to 8pm
- Thursday April 26th, 2018 – 7pm to 8pm
- Thursday May 3rd, 2018 – 7pm to 8pm
- Thursday May 10th, 2018 – 7pm to 8:30pm
The reset itself will start on April 9th.
Please proceed to our Mind Body Online profile in order to register.