200-Hour YTT Foundations at Janati
About the Program
This training is for those who want to:
- Deepen their Yoga knowledge, practice and experience by diving in deeper
- Learn how to teach Yoga to others - leading safe and balanced yoga experiences
- Not teach, yet want to learn more about the multifaceted science of Yoga
- Do something rich and profound for their own self-care - this is an opportunity to dive deeper into yourself, to connect with your heart and inner most self!
- An open mind, curiosity, and a passion for yoga!
- 6 months to 1 year of yoga practice
- Complete our application and interview process
- $3500 - includes everything you need
What is included in our YTT:
- All required books and manuals
- Ayurvedic Introductory Package w Mona (3 hrs of one-on-one)
- Enrollment in the "I Love Anatomy" online course with Susi Hately
- 10-class pass at Janati Yoga to complete the "EON Project" (one of the assignments)
- T2202A Tax Receipt which allows you to get tax credit on your personal income tax for this training
- HST exemption - the listed price is exactly what you pay. We are recognized by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada HRSDC) as a "private educational institution", which allows our YTT to be HST exempt (a savings of over $400!)
- Class size limited to 14 participants
- Payment plans available
The 200-Hr level Yoga Teacher Training (Foundations) is an intensive course that covers many areas of study. The hours indicated are the Yoga Alliance Standards minimum requirement in each area of study.
Yoga Alliance Required hours of study:
- 100 hrs Techniques in: Asanas (postures); Pranayama (breathing techniques); Dhyana (meditation); Mantra & Sanskrit (sacred sound); Kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- 25 hrs Teaching Methodology
- 20 hrs Anatomy & Physiology; Subtle Anatomy
- 10 hrs Teaching Practicum and
- 30 hrs Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics - including an introduction to Ayurveda and the Business of Yoga
Categories chosen for the remaining 15 hours:
- Applied Anatomy - how to move the body as it was designed to move
- Teaching Practicum & Methodology and
- Yoga Philosophy & Lifestyle
These required reading books are included in the tuition fee.
- 200-Hour Level Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Manual by Mona L. Warner (2007)
- Anatomy and Asana: Preventing Yoga Injuries by Susi Hately Aldous (2004)
- 30 Essential Yoga Poses by Judith Lasater, PhD, Pt (2003)
- The Essential Yoga Sutra - Ancient Wisdom for your Yoga by Geshe Micheal Roach & Christie McNally (2005)
Kirtan, mantra and prayers are a facet of Bhakti (devotion) practice. Most kirtan chanting is done "call and response" style.
Please find below links to download the mantra/kirtan/chants that we practice during YTT.
- Prayers - Guru, Transition, and Peace mantras
- Maha Mritunjaya - The Healing Mantra
- Gayatri - The Purifying Mantra
- Ahim Prema - kirtan: "I am Divine Love"
- So Ham - kirtan: "I am that I am"
- Govinda Jaya Jaya - kirtan: "Victory to the Krishna, the energy of Sustenance & Love"
- Jaya Ganesha - kirtan: "Victory to the Remover of Obstacles"
- Shiva Shambho - kirtan: "Ode to Shiva, the energy of Transformation"
- Yogam Sharanam Gachami - kirtan: "We move towards union, awakening, and love"